Thursday 29 November 2012

Ongoing Projects

Alright! Back to my bathroom. Hope your not tired of it yet. I have a few ideas swimming around in my head but I'm not always the greatest at executing them/can't envision it properly to know if it will work well once done. I'm thinking about the sink skirt I want to make and I'm wondering if I should do a solid color or fabric with a design on it. I'm also wondering if I should incorporate different colors into the fabirc. So far my bathroom colors are brown, grey and white. So my question is, should I have my sink skirt brown? Or grey? or grey and white like my shower curtain? Or grey and brown? Or grey and brown and an entirely new color? Lets get some visual up in here! On the left is the shower curtain, middle is to show the towels are brown, and right is the skirt ideas. 


This one I like that the one color looks brown
but also has a hint of grey in it. And then 
adding the blue into the mix as well. 

I'm not sure about this one, now that I see it
next to everything I think its too alike. 

Again adding a new color, but has no brown
within the skirt

Another patterned idea that I'm not
really liking anymore. 
I am also thinking of just a solid colored fabric but I didn't add that because it's pretty self explanatory. Also I'm pretty sold on hanging a wash cloth on each hanger, I'm thinking a light grey, and then on the opposite wall of this, above the toilet add some hanging baskets for spare towel storage OR a shelf for decorative stuff to add color.Which is your favorite?

Also in the works is make-up storage ideas!!! I found a desk-like thing on the Ikea website that I'm liking as a vanity, it's $150 I believe so that might be easier to get The Husband to agree to.

I like the sleek look of it, and that I can add storage on top of it as well as in the drawer. I'm thinking I could put storage containers inside the drawer to work as dividers and then put things on top such as this:

I like that this also looks sleek. It's an acrylic drawer storage unit and the drawers can be pulled completely out. The only thing I don't like about this exact model is that the drawers are so thin, I'd want something a little bigger. I'm also looking for a lipstick holder thingy, something along these lines:


So those are just some ideas I've been thinking about that I wanted to get out so I don't forget! 




3 comments:

  1. I think you should incorporate another color into your bathroom. I like the 1st pic and 3rd picture. So either blue or yellow. I think it would liven up your bathroom a little bit, especially since you can't paint your walls. I also like the idea of putting hanging baskets above your toilet for towel storage, I think it would look really cute and complete your bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I never really thought of color adding brightness. That makes a lot of sense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Nellie on incorporating a color into your bathroom. My personal favorite is the top picture with the blue. This way you can add in some blue towels in the future or blue accent pieces as well. Also eventually you can phase out the brown this way since I know how much you hate it lol.

    ReplyDelete