Tuesday 20 November 2012

Hair Care

I've been trying to grow out my hair for like, ever! And then I get tired of trying to grow it out and I chop it off, and then I want to grow it again. And the cycle continues. Right now I'm in the 'trying to grow it out' stage, and I think this time I'm in it for the long haul. In the past year I've picked up a few helpful tips to get my locks lookin long, and since my hair grows the same pace as a turtle walks I need all the help I can get! One super important thing I was never doing but should have been doing was using heat protectant. I cannot stress how important this was and how stupid I was for not doing it. I use heat on the daily, I'm talking blow drying and straightening, double trouble. And I wasn't using a heat protectant!!! My favorite product to use is called Black and it looks like this:


I always accidentally call this 'Magic' instead of 'Black' but I think Magic is more suitable because it is just that- MAGICAL!!!! I forget the price on this one, I think its around $20 and I get mine at a local salon called Masters of Design. I like to get all of my hair care products there because they usually have sales. It is a small bottle but it does last a long time but I honestly don't joke around when it comes to hair products, I'd pay double the price for this baby. 

Another product I like to use is a leave in conditioner for my ends. Because I use so much heat my ends get dry pretty fast, I noticed right away the difference a leave in conditioner made in my hair. I really like the Pureology line of products and I use the leave in conditioner. Blurry picture but you get the idea. I've had mine for about a year and a half and I am close to the empty now but for the $25 (on sale) I spent on this, I'd say that's a good deal. 


Continuing on with the Pureology line, I am also using the conditioner in the green bottle. 



This isn't the entire line, this line is huge, but this picture shows what they have to offer. I've also used the hairspray, but that is one product I am willing to cheap out on when it comes to hair. I will in the future be trying the other products though, specifically the hair mask and the inti-fade shine serum!

My hair is known to get super tangly, and I don't mean - run your fingers through it and it's good to go tangly- I mean that I'm taking a solid 3 minutes for sure just to brush my hair, and that's AFTER my shower when I've JUST used conditioner. I don't know why its taken me this long to finally buy a detangler but yesterday I finally did! I was wanting to try out Dove's detangeler but I couldn't find it for the life of me, and come to think of it I'm glad that I didn't, I don't even like Dove products, not to mention it dries out your scalp. I did however find a detangler in the Fructis line, I used it today and so far I love it! I didn't time it but I bet it took me .00002 seconds to brush my hair!!! That may or may not be an understatement but I think you catch my drift ;)  And the one I got looks like this:


Like I said, I just started using this today but I already love it. Not only did it untangle my hair perfectly, it made my hair feel, look and smell so good! 

That's basically it for my hair process, I could probably do more but my hair is so fine I don't want to weigh it down too much with product. Another product line I'd like to try is Moroccan Oil so I might purchase something from them in the near future. I've noticed my hair is a lot more healthier since taking these necessary steps, I'm not sure if it necessarily grows faster, but I am noticing growth. My goal is to get my hair down to about my belly button, right now its to the middle of my bust, although my hair is longer in the back then the front, so I'd also like for it to be even on front and back. Part of my plan for this is not get trims as often as I usually do (every 2 months) they always end up cutting off all the growth I had so I never get anywhere with it. I'm thinking I'll get it cut every 6 months and see how that goes. The last time I got it cut was in August so I'll wait until February to get a trim. In honour of my hair growth "journey" for lack of a better word, here are a few pictures that I want to continue to take a month apart every time. I've compared my hair to my friend Nellie's hair, 1. Because my hair has pretty much never been longer then hers and I'm basking in the glory, and 2. Because her hair grows wicked fast and I just wanted to see if she could pass my hair growth and if so in what amount of time that would happen.





Obviously these were taken at different distances, from here on out they should be at the same distance, we figured out a system lol. But you can sort of get the idea. Also, yes my hair is different lenghts from my left side to my right side, my left grows faster for some reason. I don't want to cut it to even it out though because it will just continue to grow faster and it will also make it look/feel shorter. So the uneven length stays!

Until next time <3

No comments:

Post a Comment