Wednesday 14 November 2012

Dolla Haula !!

Haul Time!!! I hear the word "haul" used a lot and I never knew what it meant, but I knew the jist of it and I knew I wanted to use it today so I googled it for good measure. Haul- An amount of something gained or acquired. So there you have it! I gained and acquired a few things yesterday, it cost me a whole $36 but I was pretty excited about it all. I went to this store in my little city called Dollarama, you've heard of it right? I mean, who doesn't want to see a haul form Dollarama?!? So moving onwards- here is a picture of said haul:

1. Fuzzy Socks 2.Star tree topper 3.Clear filler beads
4. Air Wick 5.Wooden hangers  6. Candles 
7. Lipstick/lip gloss 8. Cupcake set 9. Speakers
10. Colorable Tote  11. Bamboo Hooks 

This was the result of me "bored" shopping, at least I'm bored shopping at Dollarama and not Sephora ;) 
Number one was an impulse buy (the rest wasn't impusle... it was strategically planned....it really was..) who doesn't love brand new fuzzy socks!? Number two was for my cute little tree: 


Number three was for my clear glass jar's that I put my make-up brushes into, I've tried a few different methods for this and I've never liked any of them until this one. I've tried larger bead-like things and the brushes didn't want to slide in nicely,and I've tried sand and again, the brushes didn't want to slide in nicely. I was looking for something that would allow the brushes to glide in and both of those methods wouldn't allow that, I had to struggle just to get them far enough in to stand on their own. These filler beads are small enough  to allow space to move aside quickly as the brush pushes in. Such a minor thing but makes me much more happy in the morning, and lets keep this girl as happy in the morning as possible! 


 Number four and six were because our apartment has a weird smell to it and we wanna try to mask/fix it as best we can, so when Dollarama has Air Wick stuff for $3 you better jump on that! Number five and eleven are for a project I'm working on, I'll post pictures if it turns out how I want it to. Hopefully that will be done by this weekend. Number seven are some Wet n Wild lipsticks and a Bonnebelle lip gloss. Wet n Wild is a cheap brand of make-up but super good quality. Sometimes you can luck out at Dollarama and get some good make-up there. One time I even got Almay eyeshadow there and Almay is pretty expensive stuff!  And apparently the lipgloss is a dupe to a Nars lipgloss so I figured why not try that out. Number eight and ten are just some cute things for my niece to do. I don't have a lot of toys or activities to do at my place so I wanted to accumulate a few things to keep up the "cool Aunt" status (I have 3 other Aunts to compete with so I better step up my game!) 



             So then hopefully we can go from this ^                         to this ^ !!      

And number nine is just some cheap speakers I got to plug into my Iphone. Turns out my Iphone's speakers are louder then these though #fail. I did ask for an Iphone/Ipod dock for Christmas though, hopefully I get that!

On another note- Is everyone ready for Breaking Dawn part 2 this weekend?? I've got my tickets pre-ordered thanks to my smart and handy friend Nellie! I'm partly excited to see their version of the book in this last movie and partly excited to not see Kristen Stewart's face plastered all over the place. I was really disappointed in the first movie, I thought they did okay with depicting the book but the acting was awful. Throughout the movies I felt their acting got a lot better so it was easier to watch (well as easy as it is to watch Kristen Stewart act).  Next I'll be looking forward to the rest of the Hunger Games movies (love!) and also anxiously waiting to see if they do a Fifty Shades of Grey movie!


That's all for now, toodles <3


2 comments:

  1. Don't forget about the City of Bones movie!! There will be a teaser trailer released tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete