Tuesday 7 May 2013

New Beginnings

That title reminds me of Glee for some reason.... anyway, new beginnings A.K.A. me getting pushed out of my job and having to start over. What a scary thought, working somewhere for 3 years and being told it isn't going to work out any more. I mean granted, other people have gone through much worse and I don't want to seem ungrateful but it still hurts none the less. I went from having a routine that I had down pat to having it completely upside down in the matter of days. It all happened so fast, I still can't really believe it. And the thing is, is that I didn't even do anything wrong, it's due to "cut backs" *eye roll*, I wasn't aware that your first thought of letting someone go is to target the person who does your books... maybe its just me but that sounds like an important position to me. Not to mention the owners wife will be coming in to take over my responsibilities "for free" *second eye roll*. I may not be smart in all things but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that this wife of his will not work for free. So here I am looking for a new job when of course there is nothing out there that interests me.

It's really scary to have to start over again, you know? I have to go through interviews and the training process, ugh I loathe the training process- being the trainer and the trainee. I actually had an interview already and I didn't really want the job, but I knew that if I got offered the job then I'd have to either take it, or not take it and get comments from family members about not taking it. At this point in my life I'm at the age and the stage in my relationship that I don't just want a job to tie me over. I'm fortunate enough to be able to go on unemployment through all of this so if I can go on that while searching for a really good job then I feel that is the best route to take. I don't want to go through a training process for something that is only temporary. And yes I'm fully aware that I could grow to like a job, or be surprised and actually really like it even though I thought I wouldn't but its just not a chance I want to take. I know myself well enough to know what I like and don't like so I'll just hold out for something I really want. In the meantime I'll just be sleeping in and reading books and going for walks and morning coffee while all of you working folk will be... well working :p Oh! I almost forgot, the best part of all of this is that I asked God to tell me if that job I interviewed for should be the job I'm supposed to take. I asked Him to not let me get an interview (well second interview) if I wasn't meant to be there and sure enough I didn't get a second interview. At first it stung a little, not getting a call back for something I was perfectly qualified for but then I had to remind myself that I asked for that. And also, it really shows me that God has something else for me waiting so I will wait for that to come my way :).

In other news, while I'm on unemployment I think I really want to work on putting my book together. Over the years I've been interested in writing a book but never quite knew how I wanted to put it together and how exactly I wanted to write it. I've recently had an idea how I want it to look so I think I'm really going to buckle down and see how far I get. And I also really want to work on blogging more often. My ideal outline of my blogging life would be to post twice a week, obviously I haven't been doing that and I wont make any promises going forward but maybe with some more time to myself I can actually do that! We'll see how things go!

                                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This past weekend I went to Fargo with my husband and our two friends. It was really nice to just get away for a weekend and just kind of mellow out. It was much needed. I always like venturing out to the States, even though it wasn't very far away, theres just something about being in a different country :). We did a bit of clothes shopping (ok... maybe more then 'a bit') and we also picked up a picture frame... that doesn't sound very blog worthy to type out but I plan on showing you what I did with that frame. I just have to take some pictures at home and then I can make another post about that. We got a few other items that I'll post in that upcoming blog post as well. Also I bought a shirt that is sleeveless and usually with those shirts I'll wear a cardigan over it for work... well turns out cardigans don't look good with it. Ugh! So now I gotta figure out a way how I can wear it to the office but... I guess I only have two weeks left till I'm jobless so I guess it doesn't really matter at this point lol. 

On another note- I find it so fascinating to watch how people interact with people. I tend to watch facial expressions and body language a lot. I don't always understand it and sometimes misunderstand it but I like doing it none the less. I find it helps you to notice the little things. Such as, if person A says something to person B and person B doesn't like it, it might show on their face. But person A isn't looking at person B because its weird to make eye contact when you're the one talking so person A doesn't notice they don't like it, but I do because I'm looking at person B. I see their eyebrows pull in slightly, the twitch of the corner of their mouth, maybe the flush in their cheeks or the shift of weight from one leg to the other. And person A is oblivious. Totally random but I just noticed some things this weekend and it was interesting to come to some realizations! 

This blog post has proven to be completely useless, I guess it's more of an update but I just wanted to get a post out there, tomorrow (hopefully) will be much better though! And since this is sort of an update post I'll bombard you with photo's of my happenings lately (woo lucky you!)!! (If you follow me on Instagram a lot of these will be repeats but some of you don't so I'm gonna post them here as well). 





Pool dates with friends. 

The cuteness that is me and Nellitello (see pic lower down)

Capturing the wave at the Jets game!! 

Learning a lot about forgiveness lately. 


Dance parties- always a good time

Coffee dates with friends

New York state of mind

A little rearranging in the living room,
still a few adjustments to make but I'm 
liking the progress. 

Colored my hair, supposed to be black
but looks brown. Going to re-do it soon. 

Newest art addition from Ikea, I am in like with it ;) 

Trying different styles out with my bangs

Some things to keep in mind when living
your day to day! 

My new lipstick! Love! 

Bike rides with the little-always an adventure, complete
with wedgie picking and spitting (her newest habit)

I had to (sowwie Mark) 

In Fargo


The Gang 


Little Monkeys

A bit of an inside joke but long story short
Nellie is mutating into a ninja turtle and her new
name is Nellitello. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment