Monday 13 May 2013

And This Too Shall Come To An End

My time working at Berg's is quickly coming to an end, and as a bit of a farewell I wanted to write a little sum'pn sum'pn to ma bestie! Are you ready to get deep?! (wow, that came off way dirtier then I intended...).

Dear Nellitello,

      It feels like ages ago we were sitting at a booth in Smitty's and me talking about hating my job, and then you telling me about an opening at your office. I remember the excitement I felt to have the opportunity to possibly work with my friend again! Soon to follow was my interview and soon after that I was offered the job. I feel so blessed to have been able to work side by side for 3 years, they have been some of the best work years of my life. Sadly I know that no job in my future will compare, I'm sure there are jobs that I will like but there's nothing like coming to work and feeling like you're just hanging out all day. I'm hoping the results of us both moving on will open doors for us to connect on a different level. We'll have to be sure to carve out some NelliDezzo time (Yes, I just made that up and yes, I'm pretty proud of myself).
     Somehow I know that in my future life, any time I'll see a water cooler I'll think of our water cooler discussion times... times? Maybe it was just time (singular) but regardless, I'll think of it. Any time I have some down time I know I'll miss slowly walking over to your desk just to talk away my boredom. If my future job holds an office for me I'm sure I'll miss having you walk in to just chat even though you're super busy and swamped. I'm gonna miss making fun of the guys in the shop behind their backs and imitating them. I'm going to miss those breaks in my work day where I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe. I'm going to miss making fun of you to your face after you've said something dumb and/or said a word wrong (I know I can still do this when we  hang out but its so much more fun at work). I'm NOT going to miss seeing you come in every morning an hour later then me and leaving work an hour earlier then me though that's for sure! I will miss going into the bathroom at work and taking videos of ourselves to send to each other.... while both at work lol. I'm gonna miss telling you what to do ;) . I'm going to miss the friendships that we've built with these people at work, I know it wouldn't have been the same had we not been side by side. I'm reeeaaaaally going to miss being able to vent to each other every time someone annoys us, it was a great way to not just explode. I'm going to miss being able to spend our breaks together and getting each other subway. I'm also going to miss our mom's stopping in to bring us both coffee's and then staying to visit, I really liked those times. I'm going to miss waking up in the morning and looking forward to coming to work, I know it wouldn't have been the same had we not worked together. Monday mornings are probably just going to be crappy 'ol Monday mornings now. I'm so going to miss when either of us would do something embarrassing not realizing there's a window into the shop and other people can see us. I'm going to miss being able to be weird and not feel weird about it. I'm going to miss having you text me in the morning asking me if I want breakfast. I'm gonna miss how you don't judge me when I hit my limbs on immobile objects and make pterodactyl noises, can you imagine the looks I'll get when doing that in front of new people lol ??!!??



    Aside from all the fun times and good work memories we've made I just wanted you to know that I really love working with you Nellie. Coming to work has always been a highlight for me and I owe it to you for that. I truly have been blessed and it makes me sad to know this will soon come to an end but like me, you and Matt said, maybe one day we will all reunite. Until then I'll cherish the next week we have together and pray that we both move on to bigger and better. To us!











1 comment:

  1. I'm going to miss reading your blogs at work and making me tear up with these deep meaningful posts and hoping no one will walk in and see me all emotional lol. I also want to give you a big THANK YOU for making these past 3 work years bearable, I honestly don't think I would've worked here this long if it hadn't been for you. It's like an end of an era and it makes me really sad to think about not working with you everyday :(

    ReplyDelete