Monday 7 January 2013

New Beginnings In 2013

Well another year has come and gone. Once again I have to get used to writng /13
instead of /12. Last year was not so good for me, it was filled with a lot
of downs but I was still able to appreciate the ups! Some of those ups included going
to California with my husband and our two friends. Every time I go on vacation it makes me
want to live a different life. I want to live like the locals and get a real sense of what life is like
in a place other then Manitoba. This only makes going home that much more bitter sweet. Anyway, 
off topic! This year my parents finally moved to town. Of course they waited until of the 
kids were moved out to actually do this. Thanks Mom and Dad for ensuring we had no
social lives as teenagers and could stay home and do work! All teenager resentment aside, it really
gave me peace of mind to have my parents living only a minute away. 
I also finally got to be a proud owner of a 2008 Ford Escape. This may not seem like much to some but
I've been wanting an Escape for sometime and let me tell you, I'm in love! She's a beauty- all black leather interior, heated seats, dual exhaust, rotating piston cams, spinning injector cuffs and....... ok you got me! those last few things were gibberish. I bet all you girls out there believed me though ;) !! But those heated seats.... my bum loves them :) (Side note: I was just staring at my Tim Hortons cup and realized the little girl
on it has Minnetonkas. So jealy :(  ) 

I also moved into a larger apartment this last year, I thought I could be ok with living in a small
apartment until we could get a house but I guess I didn't realize how suffocating it would 
actually be. So I'm very grateful for the decision to move. I also finally finished paying of my civic. What a liberating day that was. I've been dreaming of that day for 7 years. Of course it didn't help that I added
onto the loan twice, turning my 5 year loan into a 7 year one. I joined the gym a month and a bit ago
and it is probably one of the best decisions I've ever made! 
2012 also saw me through a lot of ups and downs. It was a very emotional year but it helped me to get in 
touch with my feelings and the way I think so I do have to thank 2012 for that. I realized how 
good I am at pushing things down and not letting them affect me. I also realized that by doing 
this it only means they will come boiling to the surface all at once and its only fair to give people
warning so they can vacate the room cuz its ugly. 

All of that being said lets segue into my 2013 New Years Resolutions!!!! I've never really made
resolutions before but I've been wanting 2013 to be a year of new beginnings for me. So why
not kick start it off by making a few resolutions?! 



1. Get a tattoo (this for me was to symbolize new beginnings since it would be my first tattoo)
2. Travel (to New York and also to make plans for more travelling in the years to come)
3. Spend my money wiser (don't buy something right away just because you have a credit card)
4. Read more, and expand my reading material (Moby Dick, In Cold Blood, The Perks of Being a Wall Flower, Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, The Scarlett Letter - to name a few) 
5. Continue with the gym and challenge myself physically 
6. Cook more and expand my recipe selection 
7. Be more positive and project that onto other people
8. Be more ambitious at home and watch T.V. less
9. Eat cleaner (this is going to be a challenge, but know that it is OK to slip up, just try harder)
10. Be dedicated to this blog, you never know what kind of doors it will open
11. Start putting money into the savings account 

That is all I've really thought of for this year. I think its a reasonable list and something
I'm capable of accomplishing! I'm happy with it :) I'm ready for a good year, I'm ready for
a new beginning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment