Monday 28 January 2013

Bangen Weekend

My weekend was off to a not so great start. I had the urge to get bangs. You know those days where you just feel ugly and you need a change like NOW??? Well I needed a change and I wanted bangs but I didn't want to wait for my hair dresser to  be available, I wanted them done now. So I went to the crappy hair salon in the mall and got in right away. I thought to myself, how badly can she screw up bangs anyway?!? Well she did an awful job, but luckily it was nothing a little retouching couldn't fix. So I raced over to my mom's house and asked her to snip snippety my bangage. My mom, being the women that she is, was nervous about it of course. See I don't let her cut my hair, she's the type of women who can work a clipper like nobody's business but when it comes to putting a pair of sheers in her hands, things can get scary. And fast. Her philosophy is: Oh this one side is shorter, I'll just even it out. Oh now this side is shorter, I'll just have to even that out. Oh that ended up being a lot shorter then you wanted, but that's ok!" Me: Mom, what did you do!?! *cries* I hate it!!!. Mom: You're so ungrateful, I'm never cutting your hair again!. Me: I'm a girl, may hair is EVERYTHING to me. You ruined my life *dies*.
And my personal favorite: Younger brother: Mom, I need a hair cut. Mom: starts cutting. Me and older brother: *laughs in younger brothers face* Your hair is crooked in the front!!! Mom: I didn't cut it crooked, his forehead is crooked *leaves hair crooked cuz hey, its not her fault!*

Anyway, that got out of hand- So my mom starts fixing my bangs and did a bang up job! (lol, pun) (does bang up mean good? Cuz I meant it in a good way) And even though they aren't exactly what I wanted they will suffice for now. I'll make an appointment with my usual bang lady in a week or so and get her to fix em up more to my liking. And now for a picture of the new do!

Just kidding! This made it look like I have straight across bangs,
which I don't. I just wanted to see how that would look lol. 

I can't for the life of me rotate this picture, just cock your head to
the right and you'll get the idea. I still need to train them
to do what I want-which is more of a swooping motion then
the straight down motion that's goin on here. 



And on other non bang related news, I went to the VIP theatre this weekend to see Hansel and Gretal and it was so awesome! We ended up being at the theatre about 2 hours early so we were sitting at a small table in the lobby. After a while we wanted to see if we could sit in the actual theatre and when we went to give the guy our tickets he instructed us that the VIP was "through those glass doors" Whaaa? Separate movie entrance? Awesome! So we walk through the doors and what do we see? A lounge. Whaaa? We sit in the lounge where there's a bar and a kitchen and wait for our movie to start. Picture below is of the lounge. 
When the movie was finally ready to play we got to sit in our seats (which we got to pre-choose by the way). The seats were awesome, I didn't get a picture of it but they were set in two's with a small table on either side to put your food. The arm rest in the middle could be flipped up to make a sort of love seat looking seat. There were waitresses in both aisles ready to take any food orders before the start of the show. Tickets were $20 each and food was super expensive, it's probably not something I'd do again but I'm glad I got to experience it none the less. I was not disappointed.  The movie itself was soooo good! I loved it. I love the whole trend of taking a fairy tale and putting a whole new spin on it. I wont go into a review of the movie but just know it was full of action and I definitely recommend it.

And I'll sign off with a text between my brother and I. This is the kind of randomness we talk about. It's quite entertaining!


No comments:

Post a Comment