Wednesday 13 March 2013

Dreaming Dreaming...

As a favor to a friend I said I'd post what I've been dreaming up. I had been working on laying out my dream kitchen (no, I do not even have a house, hence the "dreaming") including pictures and all, and she asked me to share so she could see as well. So here we go!

My number one must have is a white farmhouse style sink, they are gaaaaaawgeous, and if you don't know what I mean, please see below:
I like the functionality of the double sink, I'd most likely go with that but this is what each style looks like. The double sink is sold at Ikea for $350 and the single one also at Ikea for $250. 

Now picture that sink combined with light cabinets/dark counter, or colored cabinets/light counter, or dark cabinets/white counter. The possibilities are endless and they all seem to look good. Actually, don't picture it, I'll post pictures for you.  



My favorite right now is the last pic, dark cabinets, white counter top, white back splash.
I'm also really liking the open shelving trend but I'm not sure if that would be ideal for me. Here are some pictures of setups that I'm liking. Aren't those brackets in the middle pic adorable?!



Also it's worth mentioning that I want all stainless steel appliances and fixtures. I'm really digging the industrial lighting right now kind of something like these:

And here are some other fun details I've found that I'm really liking.


I thought this was so cute, I probably wouldn't do it because I don't 
eat enough bread, it would probably end up having junk stored
in it- but it's a neat idea. 

the concealed microwave might be annoying but I do like the fact that it's up high but not on top of the oven. 


Concealed garbage?! Enough. Said.  



Pots!! I like this first picture because you can pull it out and it's so functional, I also like how the lids are easily stored in the top pullout. Nothing bothers me more then those dang pot lids. I rarely use them so they constantly get thrown around in their tiny cabinet. 

I also really like this idea below, the lids are so visual although I do like the idea of them being closer to their pots, I'd fear they'd get too lonely. 



I just adore this idea of putting your pots and pans above the oven, I was thinking maybe I'd reserve that just specifically for pans though, and then store pots in a concealed place. And I love the idea of them all being stainless steel, it would tie in nicely with the stainless appliances.

Functional. I hate the look of the paper towel hanging under 
a cabinet, or on the counter. But also to keep in mind, kids could get
at this easily and just start a pullin' 

I like the idea of maximising your use of space, this drawer
pulls right out from under your sink. Great for cleaning supplies. 


There is nothing more annoying then trying to get those
stupid measuring spoons off the ring to just have to put them back on... in 
order... cuz I'm OCD like that. 


LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. Coffee bar!? Seriously?! This is
SO going in my one day home. It could hold my coffee maker AND 
Tassimo. Really like the hanging cups
idea too. And I'm also getting into tea now so I can just picture
the cute canisters and... and I could go on and on lol. 


Pull out drawer every thing. No door cabinets on the bottom. 



That's kind of what I got goin on in my head right now. Of course when I actually end up buying a home these things will happen slowly. Also there will have to be a lot more detail going into it, like what type of back splash I'd want, type and color of flooring and so on, but I don't feel like getting into that before it actually  happens. So there you have it Amanda and fellow readers- my dream kitchen ideas :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment