Thursday 20 November 2014

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things


Before I fell asleep last night I was thinking to myself about what I could write about for my next blog post.  I didn't come up with anything but at about 1am I woke up and the idea popped into my head about writing down my favorite things as of late. So I’m going to listen to my inner slumber and write about it. I actually have no idea what I’m even going to say so we’ll both be surprised I guess!
                                                            Dark roast coffee    


                                                                 










                                                                            Candy crush

You can call me the Candy Crush Queen if you'd like
I wouldn't object ;) 
But seriously though, how addicting is this game?!? 







Day dreaming of trips
Seems I can never get enough of getting away. 

Healthy soy hairspray
Because seriously, how can you not love something
that keeps your hair in place on windy days
like we've been having lately?


The walking dead


Okay seriously, my love for this show is unreal! I could watch it on repeat that's how obsessed I am. It's suspenseful, well plotted, main characters die (well not 'the' main character...not yet anyway). It's gory but not too gory. I welcome the nightmares it brings. However if Darryl Dixon dies I might not welcome the nightmares. I hope there is many more seasons to come! This show deserves a whole post to itself on my blog!




Working Out
I recently re-joined the gym and I couldn't be happier about that choice. I spent the summer going for walks and doing at-home workouts here and there (more like less here and less there) but I hadn't been to an actual gym in a year. Honestly I was a bit afraid, the last time I was there I never saw any results and just got totally frustrated. I blame it on lack of motivation but mostly lack of knowledge. I didn't know what I was doing or what to do to get certain results I wanted. Since then I started following more fitness pages on Instagram, and not just fitspo crap but real every day people posting about their workouts and such. That in itself is a huge motivation for me and I love when I can get new exercise ideas and eating ideas too. Last year I didn't change my eating at all and I guess I just didn't want to believe that you cant out work a bad diet. Also, a lot of my friends have joined the gym and even though I mostly go by myself it's nice to be able to talk about it with people who share an interest. I can also be a bit competitive which will totally help for weight loss lol. I've been there for a total of 4 weeks, last week I wasn't there at all, life kind of just got in the way but I found myself sad about it. Also, yesterday I went to a yoga class and I found myself sad that I didn't get to go to the gym. It's kind of cool to feel that way, I hardly ever dread going and usually look forward to it! Also, yoga is hard! Not to mention my hands get super sweaty immediately so I can't hold a pose for longer then it takes my hands to slip right off the mat :I 
Vine
I spend a little too much time on Vine, and my phone battery
can prove that :s but it is so addicting. There is so much
talent on this app its ridiculous. My vines are no where near greatness but I enjoy making them and getting better. Some of my favorite viners are:
-Jesse Pomerico    -Kayleigh Isabella   -Chrish
-Zachary Piona     -Kayla Ann              -Caleb Hurst
-Steph Barkley       -Jacob Kornwolf     -Tony Tomahawk
-Pastatute              -Hannah Pilkes       -JacklynK
-Manon Mathews  -Tom Vrab              -Chris delia
I could seriously go on and on but these are probably my top picks.


Music

Music in my playlist I've been diggin' lately:
Mr. Probz- Waves
David Guetta- Dangerous
Lights- Speeding
Calvin Harris- Blame
Taylor Swift- Wildest Dreams

Command Start/Heated Seats

Now that winter is here I'm so beyond relieved that I actually have command start, and I would also be excited about heated seats except for that mine is broken. So if anyone wants to drive me around so I can sit in the passenger seat (cuz that one still works) I wouldn't be opposed to it ;)



 Makeup/Or lack of

You might be reading that "lack of" part and think that maybe that's a typo but I can assure you, it was indeed intentional. Since the beginning of summer I stopped wearing foundation (and in turn had to stop wearing blush and bronzer), I got a tan and just enjoyed my skin instead. Letting my face breathe has been so nice plus it's been nice to be able to touch my face and not worry about my makeup coming off. Not to mention the amount of time I've been able to shave off of my getting ready in the morning... okay I worded that wrong... it's allowed me to spend less time on my face and more time on my hair. I wear my hair curly a lot now and I love it!! I just haven't had the urge to put that much makeup on, I put a tiny bit of eyeshadow around the outer corners of my eyes, mascara and do my eyebrows and voila, done! I've even worn my makeup the exact same for all of the summer and haven't once felt like I'm in a makeup slump. It's been liberating really. 


Hot Chocolate

And not just any hot chocolate, I'm talking candy cane hot chocolate from Tim Hortons. 


Lush

I have a running list in my notes section in my phone devoted to Lush. If you don't know what Lush is, it's a cute little store that sells bath related things. You can get bath bombs, bubble bars, lotions, deodorants, all kinds of things and it's all natural and hand made. Freaken love that store! Check out their site if you haven't already www.lush.ca or if your local you can find them in Winnipeg at Polo Park or St. Vital. 



1.Imperialis Facial Moisturizer
2.Cerdiwen Cauldron Bath Melt
3.Grease Lightening Facial Serum
4.Ambrosia Shave Cream 
(just a few things that are at the top of my 'to get' list)



Let's face it, I could go on and on about my favorite things but I'll leave it at that. Talking about these things kind of reminds me of what a friend of mine said yesterday. She said she wanted to take the time to appreciate the little things. When she said that, it reminded me of a few days ago when I had texted a friend saying my day was going so good cuz candy cane hot chocolate was back. He was surprised that that would make my day and I replied with "what's life if you can't get excited about the little things?!" I'd much rather live my life being happy because of a cup of hot chocolate or my boss throwing coffee into the wind and it splashing all over his brand new truck (true story). If we wait for those big, grand moments to make or break our day ... well most days wouldn't be spent super happy then. So do yourself a favor and stop to soak in the moments. The small moments. Enjoy them and let yourself smile. 

1 comment: